If you follow me on Instagram, you may know I started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge (a little loosely I might add) and I needed a good snack that was healthy, so I whipped up some crunchy chickpeas.
Let me say that I do not like chickpeas in ANY other form except for baked and crunchy. So if you’re not a chickpea fan, you might still like these.
Here’s what you need:
-2 cans garbanzo beans (I used Wild Oats Organic)
-1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
-1 tsp. Paprika
-1 tsp. Chili Powder
-1/2 tsp. Cumin
-1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
-1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
-1 1/2 tsp. Sugar (I used Coconut sugar)*
*This is definitely not on the challenge, but I went with it anyway
1. Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Pat them VERY dry with a dish towel. You don’t want any moisture on them.
2. Mix together the spices and set aside.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the chickpeas and toss them around to coat them all (I used my hands).
4. Sprinkle the spices over the chickpeas and use your hands to toss them around, getting spices on every chickpea.
5. Spread them out over a rimmed baking sheet (I used two to spread them out a bit more)…I would think they would be crunchier the more spread out they are so they don’t steam so close together.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes (some ovens may need longer) until they’re golden brown (I burnt a few and baked them for 40 minutes so just keep an eye on them). Might even give it a shake halfway through.
You can even add them to salads and soups. HERE is a good video of how to make oven roasted chickpeas if you’re a visual learner.