It’s almost school time which means we need easy recipes for weeknight meals. This is one my mom used to make us growing up. It’s easy. It’s fail proof. It’s convenient. And best of all, it’s delicious. I’m not a leftover girl, but this is one thing I can eat leftovers of.
All you’ll need are these ingredients shown below (printable format of recipe at the end of post)
-Cream of chicken soup + cream of mushroom soup + Vegall (2 regular size cans or 1 big can…can also use frozen veggies) + Rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 2 cups cooked chicken) + 2 pie crusts…
Just mix the soups, chicken and veggies together. I add a little pepper to it. If you use frozen veggies, add salt to this as well (canned veggies have enough salt).
I bake one of the pie crusts at 350 degrees while I’m mixing this stuff (about 10 minutes). I’m just trying to cut some of the doughy-ness. Pull out of oven and place the chicken mixture into pie crust.
Place the other pie crust right on top, upside down so the bottom of it is the top of pie. Yep, it’s not pretty, but who cares, it tastes yummy and once baked, you can’t tell. 🙂 Pinch the sides together a bit to secure the top crust to the bottom. Poke some holes in the top with a fork to let air ventilate. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes – 1 hour, until crust is cooked through and golden brown.
*You can also make this ahead of time and just put it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake (I’d still bake the bottom crust a bit to cut the doughy-ness though). I will say this takes a while to cool down in order to serve, so I like to bake around 4:30pm for dinner at 6:00pm. It stays hot a while 🙂
What it looks like cutting into it shortly after it’s done.
We love this recipe. And no dishes to clean up other than the bowl you mixed the ingredients in. I highly recommend this as a busy weeknight meal. The baking is long, but the prep is super fast. Here is the printable version of the recipe for you.
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I like using a Rotisserie chicken)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 large can Veg-all or 2 regular size cans (or about 2 cups frozen mixed veggies)
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- Salt and pepper (optional) - you will need a little salt if you use frozen veggies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place one of the pie crusts in the oven as it's preheating and you're preparing the mixture (about 10 minutes so you cut some of the doughy-ness...poke bottom of crust with a fork to let it ventilate)
- Mix the chicken, soups, and veggies together in a bowl. Add salt and pepper if desired
- Pour mixture into the slightly baked pie crust
- Top that with the other pie crust upside down so bottom of crust is on top. Pinch the sides together a bit to secure the top crust to the bottom. Poke some holes in the top with a fork to let air ventilate.
- Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour, until dough is cooked through and golden brown