I have been SUPER busy lately with tons of parties I’m hosting and a sick baby, so the fact that I’m taking time to write this post and share a recipe means you must try it! It’s been a rough week and I wanted to do something that made me feel good. Therefore, I made my mom’s monkey bread. She used to make this for us every Christmas morning! Every time I eat it, that’s what I think of. This is super easy! Your kids will devour it!
3 cans of biscuits (the small kind…I buy the 4 pack)
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a BUNDT pan.
2. Melt 1/3 cup butter in the microwave (only about 20 seconds at a time)
3. Add 1 cup of brown sugar to the melted butter. You will want your mixture to be gooey (not liquid-y), so add more brown sugar if needed. The consistency is important, not the measurements. I tried to capture a shot of the consistency (you want it a thick liquid).
4. Open 1 can of biscuits and cut each one into fourths as shown. Layer on bottom of bundt pan.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon and pour about a third of your sugar mixture on top (I use a spoon to drizzle it).
6. Repeat those last two steps until you have 3 layers (make sure to use ALL your sugar mixture).
7. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes. You might have to add a few more minutes. I had to add 3 more minutes to mine yesterday. You want it to look like the picture below on top so you know the rest has cooked.
8. Invert onto a large plate. Remove bundt pan after a couple minutes. This can get messy so make sure your plate is LARGER than your bundt pan. Dude, this is so good! The cinnamon really adds the perfect touch when you eat it.