This year I went with a new paper planner from Blue Sky. It’s one of the Whitney English designs. I’ve always wanted a daily planner (with hourly time blocking), but they are far and few between. I’ve decided to make this my main planner and have an additional blog planner and menu planner to keep everything organized. This will help keep me organized this year and accomplish my goals.
And here is the Meal Planner. I use the monthly view to simply write out meal ideas for that month and then will move them around as needed. I can also write down any dates or get togethers so I know not to prepare a meal. Each week has a menu plan and grocery list that detaches so you can take it to the store. I got the Meal Planner from here. Isn’t it so pretty?
This will help me stay organized and eat more at home.
My goals for 2017 are:
1. Implement a morning routine in hopes to get some things done before the kids wake up. My goal is to get the following done before the kids wake up: brush teeth, wash face, make bed + put dishes away, make coffee + Bible study + get dressed and ready for day + work on Joyful Art Designs if time. This would require me to wake up around 6:30am at least, which will be difficult for me so I’ll just try it in steps. My Bible study is Jesus Always and Scripture reading.
2. Sleep 7 hours a night. Same story, different day. 🙂
3. Lose weight. Most importantly, I want to continue working out and plan more meals at home. I have a specific number in my head, but I’m more interested in how I feel and my clothes fitting.
4. Join a church (officially) and become part of a community group. We are on the edge of doing both of these things. This year, we want to focus on developing our community group (church encourages 4-5 couples to be in a community group) and getting involved at the church.
5. Go on a 10 year anniversary with Ryan. We’re planning a big vacation to celebrate 10 years of marriage. We’re hoping to go back to Jamaica where we honeymooned. This is more of a financial goal.
6. Re-decorate the living room by installing wood floors and repainting the walls.
7. Get my teeth fixed with extensive dental work. I need some major work done this year.
8. Increase income from my Etsy shop. I have a certain number I’m aiming at to be a monthly average over the year.
9. Blog – Use my new blog planner to stay organized and keep track of everything. I think this will help me stay consistent with publishing content.
11. Grow blog traffic and focus on email list and Pinterest strategies.
10. Teach Beckham how to read and teach Maddox his ABC’s. We’re working a lot on language with Maddox (which came a little later than we thought), so now we’ll work on him recognizing his letters.
I plan to soak up these last few months of both boys in preschool, but also being able to sleep in and have relaxing mornings if we choose. I’m excited to see what 2017 brings!