If you remember from April’s Goals post, I mentioned our rat problem at the end of the post. We ended up getting that problem fixed and the smell gone. May you never experience the smell of a dead rat in your attic!!! Luckily they actually found the rat and were able to extract it. Even so, it took a good 2-3 weeks for the smell to go away. That was an unexpected problem, but thankfully, a fixable problem.
As I mentioned in that post as well, April was going to be all about getting our new floors in our house combined with decluttering and Spring cleaning. I’m happy to say I got a TON done during April. Here is a recap of the goals and how they went.
1. Spring Cleaning and Decluttering – I shared how I like to Spring clean here, but I was able to get a ton done in all the bedrooms and closets. Of course, when you get new floors and carpet, that’s a whole lot of cleaning done right there. I wiped every surface of the boys’ rooms and toys and organized their closets.
This is the new carpet we got in all the bedrooms. It’s absolutely amazing and soft. I repainted Beckham’s room to a gray color (Benjamin Moore’s Gray Owl). Next, we’ll add the bunk bed and dresser and it will be finished.
And these are the new wood floors we got. They are laminate. We also got new baseboards and painted the rooms Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore.
2. Getting my car fixed from the hail damage. Done. Ryan took care of this for me.
3. Installing Google Drive for all my backups. No.
4. Adding a big load of printables to my shop. No.
5. Finish my taxes for 2017. Yes, out of necessity, but so glad that’s done!
6. Look into swim lessons and VBS – I plan on signing them both up at the place we went to last year! I still don’t know where or if we’ll do VBS for Beckham.
7. Morning Routine consistency – I’m not giving up on this, but was not successful…my goal was to… Wash face, make bed, unload dishwasher, start a load of laundry, make coffee, and do my quiet time. I’d love to add in some work time in the morning, but I’d be happy with these small tasks done before the kids wake up.
8. Finish reading Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins (affiliate link) – Still reading this. How in the world do moms with little kids finish even one book within a month? This is a pretty thick book, but I’m loving it so far!
Now for May Goals:
1. Get house back together and organized. We have so much scattered throughout from the floors. Big tasks involve:
-Living room – decorating fireplace, replacing our TV cabinet, new rug, hang curtains.
-Office – Put furniture back in place and declutter.
-Beckham’s Room – add bunk bed to Beckham’s room (need to order), add the new dresser to his closet also
-Kitchen – Go through cabinets to clean and rearrange.
2. Install Google Drive as a backup and extra storage.
3. Add as many signs as I can to my shop and promote Mother’s Day and End of Year Teacher signs this month.
4. Plan Ryan’s birthday! He turns 40 this month but doesn’t really want to celebrate big, so I’m trying to convince him to do so! We are definitely going to celebrate well even if it’s not a huge ordeal. I know we’ll celebrate with his family, my parents will take him and I to a nice dinner, and then him and I will go somewhere fun, but hopefully, we can also do something with friends like a Rangers baseball game or Escape room.
5. Pray more! Specifically for my kids and my husband. They are the most important people to me that I feel a sense of duty to raise/love God’s way. I have been struggling with my oldest and his behavior and I’m leaning too much on my own understanding and ways. I don’t know why I struggle with prayer as much as I do, but it’s essentially the foundation of my faith (it’s how I communicate with God and form/foster that relationship) and I need it more!
6. Morning Routine consistency – Same as last month..my goal is to… Wash face, make bed, unload dishwasher, start a load of laundry, make coffee, and do my quiet time. I’d love to add in some work time in the morning, but I’d be happy with these small tasks done before the kids wake up. *I may document this on my IG stories so I feel held accountable.*
I’m excited to get things back in order and clean up a bit. I’m much more productive when my house is in order. I’ve been documenting a lot on my Instagram stories if that kind of thing interests you.