I meant to post these yesterday, but it was a little crazy around here, so I’m posting today. I reviewed my August goals here and realized I should have made no goals for August. Therefore, a lot of my To-Do list might transfer over to this month.
Things have slowed down a bit…Ryan is driving himself to work and is getting around a little better. He still can’t walk without the crutches, but he starting to apply more pressure in his walking boot, so I’ve been able to run an errand if I need to when he’s here, albeit quick.
I’m super excited for September! It’s the start of Fall, even if the weather is still a bit too hot. Temps are lowering into the mid-90’s so I see the light 🙂 The boys will go to preschool a couple of days a week, so I’m hoping to get some things accomplished and get into a nice schedule and hopefully accomplish some goals.
My goals this month include…
1. DRINK 64oz. WATER A DAY – I’ve never been a good water drinker. I guzzle it at night time because I’m so thirsty, which is not good. I bought this super cute water bottle that helps me keep track of my water intake throughout the day. I’ve seen these before, but can’t believe how much it’s helping…and opening my eyes to how much I didn’t drink before. You can find it here, along with other cute designs.
2. KEEP SUGAR INTAKE BETWEEN 30-50 GRAMS – I love sugar and with lack of sleep, naturally crave sugar. I read an article on sugar and the damages to your brain and body. So, I decided I needed to manage it. After some research, I decided on 30-50 grams (all sugar included…fruits, pasta, bread, etc.). 30 grams ideally, but I wanted a range so I can splurge at random times. Y’all, sugar is in everything! I use My Fitness Pal app to track my calories/nutrients and those grams add up FAST. It showed me how much sugar I was actually eating. Crazy. I bet there were some days I had 100-200 grams. Let me just say that I’ve lost 5 pounds since doing this 3 days ago! That is both awesome and disturbing! Naturally, my calories are lower since I’ve cut out some sugar. Hopefully, I can continue being healthy in this regard. If you have any low sugar desserts or snacks, PLEASE share them below! Snacks and desserts are hardest for me.
3. RUNNING – Well, it’s time to get back into this. My goals are to run 2 days a week in and to hit the gym 3 days opposite my running days. I’d also like to do a long run on the weekend if I can. I have a specific schedule of days and time laid out, but not sharing that on the internet. This should help me achieve this goal. I will also allow myself grace as we know working out often with kids IS hard, along with everything else going on. I also plan on signing up for the race this month.
4. FINISH SMART MONEY SMART KIDS by Dave Ramsey and Rachel Cruz (his daughter) – I started this last month, but two other books took over and I haven’t finished it.
4. ADD 10 SIGNS TO MY SHOP – With the boys in child care a couple days a week, I should be able to add more signs to the shop. It kills me that I have some signs already done and tons of ideas, but they’re just sitting in a folder losing money.
5. TRANSITION THE BLOG TO WORDPRESS – This was my goal last month and I DID do a lot of research on the transfer, but my head hurts from it all. It’s going to cost a good chunk of money, so I’m trying to plan for that as well. Taxes are the worst part of owning your own business fyi. I’ve contacted all the people I’m going to use and written down all the things I’ll need to purchase and do, so it’s just a matter of doing it…as soon as I narrow down a blog name. The name Snyders Tell All was intended for a different purpose and although my blog isn’t changing much as far as content goes, I’m not sure it fits with my vision for it. Picking a name isn’t my strong suit as you may know from both of my pregnancies (it took me two days AFTER BIRTH to choose a name for both Beckham and Maddox).
6. SCHEDULE ACTIVITIES WITH THE BOYS – I wasn’t really sure how to name this goal, but my idea is to be more intentional with their daily activities. I can often fall into a trap of letting Beckham watch TV while Maddox naps (B doesn’t nap), so I can get some things done. This is where I need your help. Do you have any ideas or activities for a 3 (almost 4) year old that are independent mostly? I also need to read more to Maddox.
7. CLEAN GARAGE – I don’t know if I’ll be able to fully clean it how I want, but it’s full of crap and we need to get it out. My car barely fits in there now and I’d like to open up more space as well. We plan to buy a shed for our back yard to house the lawn equipment because that’s taking up a large part of our garage. Hopefully, we can get that this month.
My To-Do List:
1. Purge extra items around house and in garage.
2. Schedule a dentist appointment.
3. Paint underneath kitchen sink.
4. Clean vacuum cleaner!
5. Buy new running shoes.
6. Go through Maddox’s clothes!
7. Consign baby items and some clothes.
8. Get a small teacher gift for kids’ teachers and create their favorites list.