Time for a new month of goals. I shared my 2017 goals and realized I never really set or shared my January goals. I wrote down 4 goals for last month:
1. Print blog planner and assemble in binder.
2. Add 3 signs to my shop.
3. Morning Routine goal (wash face, brush teeth, clear bathroom sink, dishes away, make coffee, Bible study, plan day/work).
4. Go to the dentist.
I’m still not done printing the blog planner (it’s a lot of paper), but I have started it and filled some things in.
I ended up adding 4 new signs to my shop.
And this Beach themed printable that can be used in a nursery, bathroom, or beach house.
My morning routine is getting better, but it’s still pretty hard for me to get up an hour before my kiddos.
And, finally, I went to the dentist. Turns out I only need a small filling in one of my teeth where the filling came out. I was able to get my teeth cleaned as well. I will never miss an appointment again.
Overall, I was pleased with my goals. Like I mentioned in previous posts, we had a leak in our master room that required us to pull up our carpet, so that has turned a few things upside down this month (including the money), but all is good and that’s just life. This is one of the reasons I always believe people should UNDER budget…something always comes up and it’s nice not to dip into the emergency fund. The cost was more than under budgeting, but we were able to pay for it with Ryan’s basketball money. I probably should write a post on how we pay for unplanned big expenses without going into debt or dipping into our emergency fund.
Now on to February goals. This month, I thought I would set my regular goals, but also give myself some challenges in 1 week increments.
Week 1 – no fast food – I can get lazy when we’re out running errands, but for this week, I have to make sure I pack any food for the boys and myself if we go anywhere. Plus it’s such a money waster.
Week 2 – no Facebook scrolling – I’ll be off FB for this week. I will check my messages for work and blog, but will not scroll my personal account. I’m over the political posts anyway and have found myself wasting time scrolling.
Week 3 – wake up at 7:00 no matter what – No matter what, I will get up at 7:00. This will probably be the hardest challenge for me.
Week 4 – no grocery store visits – I’m tired of wasting food at the house and money at the grocery store, so for this last week in February, we will eat whatever we have at home.
In addition to these challenges, my goals for this month are:
1. Add 5 signs to the shop and market my shop more.
2. Implement Board Booster for my Pinterest.
3. Read through Rosemarie’s Pinterest Strategy Guide. She blogs at The Busy Budgeter and I purchased this from her a while back when it was on crazy sale, but haven’t finished it. She is so down to earth and non-techy like me so reading her tips are really helpful.
4. Get filling done for tooth.
5. Organize closet and dresser.
6. Make more dinners at home. I know this sounds simple, but I’ve been really bad last month about making dinners. It’s mainly just me and the boys so I don’t have a lot of motivation to cook much. I would LOVE some dinner ideas from you guys!
7. Consistent blogging. I’ve been lazy about putting posts up and have a ton of ideas flowing. Hopefully my blog planner can help with this and managing my time better.
My birthday is this month, so I have some fun activities planned! This also marks the last full month of Ryan reffing so that is something to celebrate. Remember to leave me some meal ideas if you have any.