I’m so pumped it’s November! Before I get into today’s post, don’t forget to enter the giveaway from Friday if you haven’t already! There are a ton of fun things you should check out. I will announce the winner this Friday!
These next two months will fly by, I just know it, so I’m going to do my best to savor them! Goal setting will be important in order to get things done this month. Here’s how last month went:
1. Add a subscribe button pop up on blog – No, but there are a lot more technical issues to learn than originally thought, BUT well on my way.
2. Add Instagram button to social media icons on blog – Done. You can see it next to the other social media icons in the upper left of the blog.
3. Focus on Pinterest Business: I really need to set up a scheduler! – Not officially, but this is in the process.
4. Start a Goal board (posting goals on a board in office to see daily). – I didn’t post them and I wish I did. I will do this in November…hopefully
*I actually feel like I got a lot accomplished with my blog this month, or should I say, I LEARNED a lot. Blogging is hard work and I cannot believe how much there is to it, especially when getting it to grow. The technology (“internet talk”) aspect of blogging may be the end of me, but I’m determined to get it.
1. Finish bedroom decor – Not finished
2. Hang porch lights! – No.
3. Organize office. – Yes. I still have some papers to sort, but I went through a lot and cleared my floor.
4. Get estimates on flooring and/or get carpets cleaned. – Got carpets cleaned. Let’s just say we need new carpet or hardwood…I think it’s seen its final days.
5. Organize and declutter master closet. – Yes. Looks so much better.
1. Plan Beckham’s birthday and send out invites towards end of October. Can’t believe B will be 5!!! – Done.
2. Start phonetic reading (letter sounds) with B – No
Aside from the above personal goals, I want to really try and focus on sleep and morning quiet time. These are two things I need badly, but am lacking big time! You guys, my sleep was so bad over a 2 week time period that I ended up getting sick (body aches and sore throat). I slept 12 hours the night I felt terrible and my aches were gone. My body really spoke to me Sleep is so hard to come by as a SAHM, working when kiddos are asleep.
1. Add subscribe button pop up on blog, along with an incentive.
2. Start Pinterest scheduler for my Pinterest account.
3. Add dormant signs to my shop (signs sitting in files ready to be listed on Etsy).
4. Create and add a Goal board in my office.
5. Explore Amazon affiliates more for upcoming holiday season.
1. Decorate for Christmas
2. Clean up patio, including porch lights hanging.
3. Sell furniture and donate other items (items I’ve decluttered).
4. Go through the boys clothes and start bringing out warmer clothing. It’s in the 80’s here in Texas, so we’re still in our shorts and t-shirts, but cooler weather is in the forecast this week.
5. Sit down over the weekend and really plan my week so things run smoothly (things like grocery shopping, clean house, go over calendar, etc). We’ve officially entered basketball season, so I run most of the week solo, without Ryan. Ever since I’ve known Ryan, he has reffed. With kids, it’s hard, but I think I actually have it down pretty well now. Saturdays are the hardest.
1. Start planning Christmas gifts. You can see how we budget for a debt free Christmas here.
2. Finish planning B’s party (present from us, cupcakes, food, favors)
3. Plan my 2nd annual Girls Christmas party. Last year was fun and I can’t wait to do another one!
4. Get family pictures done. Create Christmas cards with pics (will send out beginning of December).
5. Join Church. We have found a church and have one more step in the membership process (sharing our testimony). We are excited and cannot wait to find community and serve!
6. Get dental work done. I won’t go into detail yet, but I have some work that needs to be done this month.
And that should be enough, on top of everything else, to keep me busy! I’m really excited for Thanksgiving. It’s my absolute favorite meal of the year and it’s so fun to see extended family on both sides! Let the festivities begin…