May ended up being absolutely insane! I don’t think I sat down for a solid 2 weeks towards the end. Because we’ve had so many storms, over half of Beckham’s baseball games had to be crammed into 2 weeks. It made for non-stop nights after full school days. I am super glad that is over.
1. POST TWICE A WEEK ON YOUTUBE – I did not post twice a week. I think I averaged like 1 video every other week actually, but it was what I had to give up to get through this month.
2. COLLAB WITH AT LEAST 1 PERSON A MONTH – Yes! I collaborated with Amanda on YouTube with a cleaning video. You should check it out HERE if you haven’t seen it. It was an EXTREME clean with me as my house was so messy.
3. REVAMP MY ETSY SHIRT SHOP – Didn’t have time for this either. I should have saved this one for June as I barely had time to complete orders to stay alive 🙂
4. SET UP MY AMAZON STORE – Haven’t done this either. I’m excited about this though as it will be neat to have all my favorite items in one place.
5. DRINK MORE WATER – I did much better with this in May. I’m happy with it but still need to drink probably 20-30 ounces more.
6. WORKOUT 4 TIMES A WEEK (PREFERABLY AT GYM) – At the beginning of the month, I did not, but towards the end, I have. And I freaking love it. The gym is definitely a life giving place for me.
7. LOSE 10 POUNDS – Y’ALL!!! I did it!! I lost 11 pounds this month. And I should say that this 11 pounds came off in 2 weeks 4 days. I started low carb eating and the weight has just melted off. Read below to see what my goal is for June. I have an Instagram account for my journey if you want to follow. It’s private so you’ll have to request to join. So many great women (no men for now) have been encouraging me over there. The account is @olivia.fitandhealthy
8. BUDGET DAILY – Oh my goodness I was terrible with this. Why has this become so hard for me?!
9. WASTE LESS FOOD – I definitely have wasted less food and with eating low carb, I eat some of the same things over and over which has helped with this as well.
**OTHER TASKS ON MY MIND**
-Thinking about Ryan’s birthday – We celebrated Ryan’s birthday with dinner and a movie. We still have to go out with my parents…we’ve been trying to find a night but that’s how busy May has been.
-Get my phone fixed – I got my phone fixed quickly at a local shop and it’s back to working again.
-Set up a dermatology appointment – June 26th skin check
-Go to my dentist appointment – Got that done too and NO cavities.
–Clean the blinds in my house – No but they’re driving me insane so I’m sure they’ll get done asap!
Overall, I’m pleased with my goals as I accomplished the hardest one of losing weight. I feel so much better and lighter and I still have a lot to go. Big shout out to my husband for eating most of the things with me and giving me the time to go to the gym.
Now on to June’s goals!
1. LOSE 10 POUNDS
Now that I’ve lost 11 pounds, my next goal is to lose another 10. That’s 2.5 pounds a week which I think is pretty realistic, but who knows. I’ve never had to lose a lot of weight before (remember my overall goal is 50 pounds depending on how I feel once I get closer to that). The first 10 pounds comes off faster, but now I’m giving myself the entire month to lose 10, so I think that will be doable.
2. SET UP MY AMAZON STORE
I didn’t get that done in May so that’s a must in June.
3. REVAMP MY ETSY SHOP
I need to put more time into my shirt shop. I go back and forth between making all the shirts with white font, or using a combo of both (white on darker shirts, black on lighter shirts). Both look good, I just don’t know what customers would prefer. What do y’all think? Here’s an example of both colors.
4. BUDGET DAILY
I failed miserably with this and I JUST have to get back into this for so many reasons.
5. DO A DAILY DEVOTIONAL
I was talking to my community group about this last Thursday and how important this is. Reading Scripture reveals so much to us as Believers and it’s vital to our relationship. I want to make sure I’m reading the actual Bible every day, even if it’s in addition to a devotional, but the actual words of the Bible are essential.
6. HAVE ORGANIZATION AND PEACE DURING OUR SUMMER DAYS
Summer days can be so draining with all the kids at home, but I have some ideas to keep it more organized (but not rigid) so that the kids know what we’re doing, as well as getting some important things done during the summer. I’m hoping to get a video and blog post up about what we have planned. I know a few things I want to focus on in the morning are: Positive affirmations, Bible verse, Spelling/Writing, Reading aloud (letter practice for Maddox), as well as chores.
7. RESTAIN OUR KITCHEN TABLE
Our table needs to be refinished, but I keep putting it off. I honestly want to find someone to do it locally if I can.
8. CLEAN OUT THE GARAGE
We have slowly been working on this but our garage is out of control. We basically need to get rid of 2/3 of it and then we can organize.
*OTHER TASKS TO THINK ABOUT*
-Deep clean my kitchen (I’m talking going through all the cabinets and all)
-Possibly install a wall desk in the boys room
I am hopeful for my goals this month. Ryan is home this summer, so I shouldn’t have an excuse. We also have Maddox’s 5th birthday this month and he was EASY. He wants his cousins to jump with him at Pump It Up and some cake. I’ll take that any day!
Leave a Reply