Life lately has been busy and the last several weeks I have wanted to do nothing but sleep. This pregnancy has been the worst with fatigue, but I’m feeling much better this month and ready to get productive. I didn’t even make goals for March because I knew I wouldn’t accomplish them…maybe that’s bad, but I’m okay with giving myself grace like that! 🙂
We’re already a few days in to April, but my main focus this month is organization and routine. It’s April, which is Spring cleaning time and we are getting new floors on the 20th so we will be forced to move and declutter things.
We are getting new floors in the living room and kitchen (replacing carpet in living room and tile in kitchen with wood floors), along with new baseboards. In the process, we will also repaint the room, replace our entertainment system, redecorate our mantle (haven’t done this in 10 years), buy a new rug, and possibly new coffee tables (or repaint them) for the side of couches. We need a coffee table /bench as the main piece on the rug and I’d like one of those that is a storage piece as well. With young kids and a baby on the way, we’ll probably do something soft/cloth instead of an actual table.
This is an old picture of our living room, but it looks similar, except the carpet is WAY dirtier and furniture is arranged differently.
Needless to say, our main living area will look completely different. We’re also getting new carpet in all the bedrooms…no more white carpet. I’ll document the process of course. It will be as budget friendly as possible…we have finally saved for the floors, which is why it’s taken so long to pull the trigger.
As for goals in April, my main focus is:
1. Spring Cleaning and Decluttering due to the upcoming reflooring. I will share how I’ll be spring cleaning next week.
Other goals and to-do include:
2. Getting my car fixed from the hail damage. We had a recent storm that poured down golf ball sized hail. It completely ruined our cars, roof, fence, and patio cover. Ryan has been in charge of dealing with all the insurance and contacts for this…it’s been a mess. Grateful he has taken care of this.
3. Installing Google Drive for all my backups.
4. Adding a big load of printables to my shop. My goal this year was to increase my income by 80% of my current average income and that requires more signs and more marketing.
5. Finish my taxes for 2017. Why do I always wait till the last minute. It’s truly the worst part about having your own business.
6. Look into swim lessons and VBS for Beckham (and possibly Maddox). I don’t know if I’ll sign him up yet, but I also am too late for VBS and I want to make sure we get swim lessons done before we start swimming, which will be pretty soon here in Texas!
7. Morning Routine consistency. This has been a long time goal of mine and I’m not going to give up on it. My goal is simple right now: Wash face, make bed, unload dishwasher, start a load of laundry, make coffee, and do my quiet time. I’d love to add in some work time in the morning, but I’d be happy with these small tasks done before the kids wake up.
8. Finish reading Awaken the Giant Within by Tony Robbins (affiliate link). Reading is so hard for me with two small children, but I love reading and get encouraged by self help books tremendously.
*Right after I wrote this post, I went home to discover our attic has rats (one died, that is how we discovered we had them in our attic…pest control came out yesterday). Needless to say, this has taken over priority and is the first on our list to get taken care of.
I’m hoping April can only go up from here! Am I right?! At least it’s the weekend…we’re ready to enjoy time with the family.
Kelly Franks says
We had roof rats a few years ago. They are so annoying. One died in the wall behind our master bedroom and it stunk so bad. Good Luck with removal. Once you get the traps set it usually keeps them away!
Oh RATS! We just experienced that problem and found droppings under our washer and dryer I have been completely grossed out and scrubbed floors everyday and check to confirm the steel wool was in their hole. I’ve read peppermint makes them go away! Just makes you feel “dirty.” Best of luck.
Oh bless you. We had field mice going through our crawl space and they eventually went into our air ducts, and one had died. It stunk our house up as well. We had to have someone come out and clean and disinfect the ducts from the smell.
Congrats on the new arrival. Having a little is so much fun!!
I LOVE Tony Robbins. I am going to have to check out this book. Sorry to hear about the rats. Can’t wait to see how much you get accomplished this month.
So sorry to hear about the rats!! We had a fairly significant mouse situation, but after having the foundation of our house sealed, it’s barely been an issue THANKFULLY! Good luck with your pests!!