It’s 5 days into August and I’m just setting goals. That pretty much sums up this last month and summer. I’m so off my normal game right now and living very relaxed this summer. I’m trying to give myself grace, but I feel so lazy in this mindset. Ryan goes back to teaching in about a week, so our schedule will start to transition into a more structured day. One thing’s for sure…I do well with a schedule.
I’m not even going to go over July’s goals because I’m pretty sure I didn’t complete any of them except for my Etsy shop goals. To be honest, I don’t even want to make goals for August because I just want to get back into the groove of things. I do have a list of things I’d like to check off this month though.
This next week we will enjoy our last week at home with Ryan. We will have to sit down and make a list of things we want to do before he heads back. Once he goes back, my focus will be on creating a schedule for me and the boys that will create some structure. They will have preschool 2 days a week starting in September for a few hours each day. B will start his official Pre-K year. I just can’t believe it. Here are some things I’d like to get done this month:
- Paint the living room and/or the master room. I already know what color I want the living room to be, but I’m unsure of the master bedroom though.
- Buy curtains for living room and hang. We have a weird height in our living room so they will have to be hemmed. I wanted to wait till after we painted too.
- Hang porch lights. My parents got us some porch lights and we need to hang them.
- Re-do kitchen back splash. Umm, yea, I don’t think I’ll get this done, but I did find some back splash I want to use, but I have no idea how to install it. I’d like to do it ourselves to save money, but we will see.
- Post my office decor on blog. Maybe this will make me finish my bookcase decor. 🙂
- Chore chart for Beckham. I need him to start earning his own money and learning the concept of budgeting. 4 years old is a perfect time to start learning.
- Dentist appointments. Same story, different day. Our insurance should be renewing this month or next, so I might wait to schedule anything once we have the new insurance.
- Buy stuff for pre-school. All we really need are backpacks and new shoes (sneakers). We have lived in our Natives this summer and will continue to wear them, but they’ve both outgrown their sneakers.
- New fire place decor. If we paint the living room, I will redecorate our mantle.
- Join church. It’s been hard to consistently go to church this summer with being out of town, but now is a good time to make it official with school starting.
Here’s to a great August!
Speaking of August, I have a ton of teacher signs in my shop and signs for photo props for back to school. Here are some I recently created.
Available in all grade levels…
And this one is not new, but a shop favorite…
And there are many more, but those are a few. Hope you have a great weekend. We have friends coming over for dinner tonight and swimming with family on Saturday.
This post contains an affiliate link. If you click on it and make a purchase, I'll receive a small amount of compensation. Thank you for supporting my blog!
I’m in awe of your home project list and DIY skills!! I feel completely overwhelmed by renovations and decorating…
I feel the same way you do about August, except it’s September for us. My daughter starts second grade on 9/7, and I go back to my part-time job the following week. I love summer’s relaxed pace and lack of structure, but I can’t wait to get back to structure and routines, too. Good luck with your transition month!!
Thanks Amy! Don’t be in awe…I feel like it takes me a million years to finish one project because I have no DIY skills. 🙂 Good luck with a new year!