I love egg McMuffins at McDonald’s, except it’s always hit or miss with the egg – sometimes cooked through, sometimes not. And with any fast food, you never really know what is in your sandwich or who prepared it. So, I decided to make my own and wanted to share with you how to make the PERFECT EGG for your egg sandwich.
- English Muffin (I use Oroweat extra crispy, white…I can’t stand whole wheat)
- 1 slice of cheese (I use Sargento very thin mild cheddar)
- 1 egg (cage free of course)
- 1-2 slices of deli ham (I use Boar’s Head Honey Glaze)
- Salt (optional)
- Green Pepper (optional)
Directions (HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT EGG):
- Grab a small bowl about 3 inches in diameter. I use a small ramekin. *Update: Spray the bowl with cooking spray (or rub coconut oil around bowl). This allows for really EASY clean-up (otherwise the egg sticks to the bowl).
- Scramble 1 egg using a fork or whisk (you could even add a little egg white for a bigger egg)
- Add a few cut up pieces of green pepper or spinach (optional)
- Lightly salt the scrambled egg.
- Put in the microwave for 40-45 seconds. DONE!
- Then you will just assemble your sandwich – Toast your muffin before you assemble, add cheese, ham, and egg!
Nutrient Facts (for 2 slices ham):
Calories – 313
Fat – 11g
Protein – 23g
Carbs – 30g