I wanted my favorite casserole for breakfast, but my husband doesn’t like egg casseroles, and I wanted individual servings so I could pop them in the microwave for a quick bite in the morning.
So I decided to try it out in muffin sizes. I halved the recipe so I would only make 12. Entire Egg Casserole recipe at the bottom.
Mini Egg Casseroles
1. 1/2 -1 cup of cooked sausage, ham, or cooked bacon, depending on how much meat you like in your casserole (I used bacon for this recipe since I had to make it before it went bad)
2. 4 slices of white bread (you could use whatever kind you like, but it gives it a sweeter flavor)
3. Grated cheese – about 1/2 cup
4. 6 eggs
5. 3/4 cup Half & Half (just less than 3/4 cup)
6. 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
7. Cream cheese cut into cubes (however much you desire. I use about 1/2 cup)
1. Cook your meat. If sausage, crumble in pan. If ham, slice and dice it. If bacon, cut it into little pieces and fry in pan. If you use sausage or bacon, let the grease REALLY drain out before you put it in. If not, it can be really greasy and gross.
2. Butter the bread and cut into cubes.
3. Place bread in muffin cups (enough to cover the bottom)
4. Sprinkle cream cheese over bread if using.
5. Sprinkle meat on top of bread/cream cheese.
6. Mix eggs, Half & Half, and salt/pepper.75. Pour over bread in individual cups (will fill to a little over 1/2 of the cup)
8. Sprinkle each one with cheese.
9. Refrigerate overnight.
10. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or when egg is cooked.
|I baked half of these without bacon. And don’t worry, I went back for more!|
Egg Casserole Measurements:
1. 1 lb sausage or 2-3 thick slices of ham, diced.
2. 8 slices of white bread.
3. 1 cup grated cheese.
4. 10 eggs
5. 1 cup Half & Half
6. 1 tsp salt
7. 1/2 tsp pepper
8. About 4 oz cream cheese, optional
Follow same directions, but in a 9×13 casserole dish! Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.