I titled this month’s post “Useless Teeth” because for starters, you FINALLY cut a tooth. Your bottom left tooth popped up without a hitch! Secondly, I call it useless because you rather throw your food on the floor than eat it. You look so cute with your lone little tooth sticking up. You won’t be toothless at your 1st birthday party after all.
Speaking of, your 1st birthday is a month away! I cannot believe you will be 1 years old! It’s true what everyone says that it goes by so fast. I have been blessed to witness all your milestones. I was talking to my mom the other day and we were saying how I couldn’t imagine not seeing all of this. So much has happened this year and I’m sure this next month will be nothing short of awesomeness! I’ve already started planning your baseball themed party. I can’t wait to watch you eat cake. Pretty sure your fearless attitude will not disappoint when that cake’s in front of you.
I also titled this post “Huge Personality” because, well, your personality is huge! I know I keep saying this, but I feel like you changed A LOT this month. You are much more interactive with people. You are pointing to objects and “talking” and when I ask you where something is, you will point to it (well mainly just ball, curtains, a picture of you, bunny, dada, mama, owl, moon, and dog – our neighbors). It shows me you really understand what we’re saying now. Although you’re more interactive with people, you are also very aware of “strangers.” If you don’t know the person and we’re not in your sight, you will start crying. The last two times I dropped you off in the nursery, you started crying. It was sad, but you were fine shortly after.
Other things about you this month:
- Clap your hands when we say yay or you’re happy.
- You dance a lot to music (either from your toys, the radio, or us singing)…you’ve got quite the moves!
- You follow me everywhere around the house.
- You started feeding me your bottle after you’re done eating. You’ll hold it up to my mouth for me to get some. So thoughtful of you. It’s really sweet!
- You love it when we chase you. You get so excited and run away.
- You rearrange lots of furniture.
- You discovered how to open the cabinets and take out anything that’s in there. To be honest, this is slightly annoying. Cooking dinner takes 15 minutes longer than it normally would.
- Each morning I get you out of bed and you point to your picture above the crib and say “buh.” I’ll say, “Where’s Beckham?” and you’ll point to the picture.
- You sign “more” – it’s the only one I’ve taught you
- You learned how to high five me
- The first thing you do when we go into your playroom is pull all the books off the shelves.
- We went to the Pumpkin Patch this month and your uncle took some picture of you! You were by far the cutest thing there (mom’s opinion)
- Said your first word – “ball”
- One of your favorite things to do with toys is drag it across the tile floor.
- You were “sick” a lot this month (runny nose, coughing)
- You “help” me undress you for your bath now by lifting your arms and legs.
- You give kisses…sloppy ones, but I LOVE them!
Measurements: We visited the doctor since you had been coughing and didn’t seem to feel good for quite a while. Of course nothing was wrong and we paid $78 to be told to take some Zyrtec, but they weighed you and you weighed just over 23 pounds! A growing boy! You wear a lot of 18 month clothing.
My Favorite Thing: You make these two faces that absolutely crack me up. One is your “mad” look and the other is your “flexing” look. I cannot get enough of them.
Daily Activities: In addition to what we’ve been doing in the past, I’m pretty sure your daily goal is to see how badly you can destroy the house! If you weren’t so cute it would annoy your Type A, clean-freak of a mother. But I know you’re just exploring!
Eating: Just recently you started taking only 3 bottles of breast milk a day (about 7 oz. each). You’re eating more solid meals that line up with our meal times. Like I said above, you LOVE to play with your food and swipe it off your tray, so I’ve learned to put only a few pieces at a time on your tray. A few new foods you started eating this month were beans (spiced up and all), Yo-baby yogurt, and turkey muffins (mini-meatloaf). You LOVE fruit. If I put different foods on your tray at once, you gobble the fruit up first. You eating solids has helped me eat a little better since I really don’t want to make two different meals. I plan on introducing whole milk when you turn 1. I’ve surpassed my initial goal of breastfeeding till 6 months. Current goal is to reach a year with only breast milk!
Sleeping: Last month, I thought you were transitioning to one nap, and this month, most of your days consisted of one nap. You wake up about 8:00, give or take, and like to go back down around 10:30. If you take a long nap (3 hours), then you have just one nap. Otherwise it’s two. But you’re just fine to stay up till your bed time. I’m still going to try for two, but we’ll see.
-Cut your first tooth on 9/30/12
-Learned how to high five on 10/9/12
-First doctor’s visit outside of regular check ups on 10/9/12 (nothing was wrong…allergies)
-First word – “ball” on 10/10/12
-Visited the Pumpkin Patch on 10/13/12
Here are LOTS of pictures this month!
|We’ve officially introduced the soccer ball and have started practicing kicking it around.
|These are your many different faces!
|All these are your mad faces!
|All these are your flexing faces!
|This melts my heart!
|You and your dad watching the Ryder Cup
|We do this everyday! You’ll climb up on my lap and point to the books for me to read you one! This is the only time you ever sit still for more than 5 minutes!
|My favorite book!
|A few from the Pumpkin Patch
|Your Uncle Bubba behind the camera!
|“What? I can play in all these pumpkins?” (Uncle Bubba took this)
|Literally INto everything! I swung you back in forth in this and you loved it!
|Skin n’ bones!
|Bad bump that you kept hitting over and over!
|Having fun with grocery sacks!
|You just woke up and followed me into the kitchen. I love it because it makes you look like a big boy that just came out of his room.
|Your little tooth!
|How I get dinner done as a “single mom” most nights!
|Salad spinner bowl!
|You are obsessed with this yogurt!
|This is where you play in the living room.
|Playing in the grass for the first time
|After bath time
|Visiting daddy at school!
|You’re going to be a monster for Halloween. They were all out of Elmo!
|Reading your book at Music time at the library
|Relaxing at Starbucks
|Not a good picture, but this is you under the parachute at the library
|You won’t wait for me to pick you up…you wiggle out!
|At the splash park with daddy after lunch!
|So sick you cuddled me and sat in my lap! You don’t cuddle, so this was a super sweet time.
|Had to end on a happy note!