Well I’m officially 9 months post partum and believe the “baby weight” can no longer be an excuse – 9 months to gain the weight, 9 months to lose it (although I really think it can be lost way sooner). To be honest, I was worried about it at first, but as most new moms realize, that’s the least of your worries when you’re busy learning how to adjust with a new baby and breastfeeding! In my experience, breastfeeding has been my best friend as far as weight loss goes. It has made working out much more difficult, but thank goodness for burning 500 calories feeding my baby!
Regardless, I’m at that point I’d like to start working out again and eating better. Beckham is starting to eat finger foods and I realized I didn’t want to ever give him what I was eating because it wasn’t “healthy” enough for him. I should be able to feed him majority of what I eat. If not, than why am I eating it?
I’ve set some fitness goals after doing some research. I’ve made them realistic this month as I don’t want to feel defeated and give up.
Here’s my plan:
1. Drink eight 8oz. cups of water every day! Chug a room temperature glass of water right when you wake up, 10 minutes before you eat each meal, and right before you go to bed. Other glasses, drink throughout the day. This is harder than I thought. Water benefits our body in so many ways.
2. Eat an apple everyday! Apple has 4g of fiber, which aids in getting us to the recommended 20g per day. Fiber keeps us full, which helps us eat less of the crummy stuff.
3. Eat a healthy breakfast with fiber. Some of my breakfast choices are:
- Ham and Egg Cups – eggs in a ham cup (click on name for full recipe)
- Steel Cut Oatmeal with fruit (bananas, blueberries, dried apricots) and cinnamon & hard boiled eggs
- Healthy Breakfast Bowl – eggs, quinoa, black beans, avocado, cheese, cilantro (click on name for full recipe)
4. Cut out soda! I know they’re bad for you, but something about drinking a Diet Coke is so refreshing! So that I don’t feel like a failure, I’m limiting myself to two sodas a week, hopefully less. I know they’re addictive, so if I can limit them, maybe I won’t “want” them so much.
5. Limit eating out to 1-2 times a week. Now that I don’t bring home a pay check, our budget in this area is lower too, so it’s win win!
1. Get more rest! At least 7-8 hours, preferably 8 based on my body’s needs. This is by far the hardest one for me out of all of my goals. I’m a night owl. Plus, with a baby, I feel like I should start my day once Beckham goes down for the night. My goal is to get in bed by 11:00 (which means getting ready for bed at 10:00….gotta love pumping at night). It usually takes me an hour to get to sleep (my mind spins a hundred miles a minute when my head hits the pillow), so I’ll sleep from 12-7!
2. Run 30 miles a month! However many days there are in the month is how many miles I’ll run. It will average a mile a day. I know I won’t run everyday, so I’ll be running 2-3 miles each time I do.
|Pictures are HUGE motivation for me…that’s why the gym is so motivating!|
3. Weight train! I LOVE lifting weights and miss it SO bad. I can’t bring myself to bring Beckham to the gym (it’s gross and he mouths everything), so I will either wake up early 2-3 days a week and go early when Ryan’s home and B’s asleep OR train at home. Pretty sure the latter of the two will happen. I’m NOT a morning person. I miss the gym though so I might try it if I get enough sleep. Either way, I plan on tons of push ups, lunges, squats, tricep dips, and anything I can do with light dumbbells. I don’t have a set plan yet, but will let you know what I end up doing.
|Click here for 63 GREAT fitness and diet rules to live by!|
So there’s my goals to a “Sculpted September!” Hope you can use some of them as well! I tried to be very realistic when setting them, but also knowing changes had to be made…and this is coming from a person who loves ALL types of food, especially tasty ones that have no nutritional value! I have to train my body to crave the tasty ones with nutritional value. Maybe by Beckham’s 1st birthday party, I can look like that chick above???