Last week was SOOO busy due to two very LATE girls nights. They were really fun, but the effects afterwards made the week a little sluggish (hence no blogging last week). I’m hoping for a much calmer week. I’m very much behind on blogging, so hopefully I can catch up this week!
Let me quickly go over last September’s goals…
1. DRINK 64oz. WATER A DAY – I didn’t do this consistently, but I did drink more water than I normally do. It really makes a difference for me.
2. KEEP SUGAR INTAKE BETWEEN 30-50 GRAMS – I was good about tracking this the first part of the month, but life got busy and I didn’t track it as well and indulged on several occasions. I do keep in mind though how much sugar I’m eating/drinking now and it really does help me to count it.
3. RUNNING – I’ve decided to NOT do a race right now. It is just impossible for me to find time to run consistently. I can do the gym a little easier, plus it burns more fat anyways which was my purpose in running to begin with (lose weight)
4. FINISH SMART MONEY SMART KIDS by Dave Ramsey and Rachel Cruz (his daughter) – I finished this and I HIGHLY recommend it. The bottom line is that it’s imperative we teach our kids about one of the most important and impactful subjects on this planet, and that’s money. If we don’t teach them the correct way to use money, the world will (or our bad habits will) and that is a deadly end. This book is encouraging for both those who have diligently saved and for those who have not. Even if you’re child is in high school, it’s not too late to help them go to college debt free. The statistics in this book will blow you away. Pick up this book!
4. ADD 10 SIGNS TO MY SHOP – I added 8 signs to the shop, but created 10. I just need to simply add the other 2.
5. TRANSITION THE BLOG TO WORDPRESS – I’m holding off on this right now.
6. SCHEDULE ACTIVITIES WITH THE BOYS – I realized I already do a good job of doing this. We like to stay busy in the morning (usually out of the house), have lunch at the house, take a nap (B play independently or watch TV), and then play outside before dinner. These two think I’m a horse
7. CLEAN GARAGE – I cleaned about 3/4 of the garage last month. I got rid of a lot of junk and we installed a SafeRack, which looks awesome. Once we have a shed out back that can store the lawn equipment and get it out of the garage, I’ll complete the last stage.
My To-Do List:
1. Purge extra items around house and in garage – For the most part.
2. Schedule a dentist appointment – Nope.
3. Paint underneath kitchen sink – Nope.
4. Clean vacuum cleaner – Nope.
5. Buy new running shoes – not going to right now.
6. Go through Maddox’s clothes – Yes.
7. Consign baby items and some clothes – I did sell some on Facebook.
8. Get a small teacher gift for kids’ teachers and create their favorites list – Yes and they loved it.
I feel like I should concentrate on ONE goal and that would be sleep. It’s the catalyst to all other things. If I’m tired (which is always), I find it harder to be productive, hold my temper, and work out (and make good food choices). I really have a problem with getting in the bed early. I know why…I just feel like I’m sleeping away precious time I could use doing one million things at night when the kids are in bed. It’s a problem, but I am going to commit to still trying to get in bed earlier. Other than sleep, I do have some other goals.
1. WORKOUTS – My goal is to go to the gym twice a week, have one good run (probably on Saturday), and do a video at home twice a week (the days I don’t go to gym). I’m not a home fitness person, but it’s tough going to the gym with kids. Period. No matter what people say. Overall, I’d like to workout in some manner 6 days a week.
*I was looking into getting one of those double jogger/bike trailers to take the kids on a run now that the weather is great. We’ll see though.
2. BE AWARE OF CALORIES – I’m not going to go crazy and stress over exact number of calories, but I am going to count as much as possible. Calories can really get away from me and when I count them, I’m much more aware of what I’m eating. I like using My Fitness Pal to help me. I’d also like to continue keeping my sugar below 50 grams per day.
3. EAT MORE AT HOME / AVOID THE GROCERY STORE DURING WEEK – Y’all last month, I would casually go in the grocery store way too many times when we were out and about, just to grab “one or two things” (turned into 5-10) and it killed our grocery budget. In addition, I want to cook more at home. We have plenty of food as I just stocked up yesterday. I’m going to be very intentional and try and plan the day before to keep us eating at home! It’s both healthier on our bodies and nicer to our wallet.
4. SLEEP – I know I sound like a broken record, but I’m not giving up on this goal. My goal? 7 hours. 12:00-7:00am will be my goal, give or take the time.
1. BUDGET DAILY – This means record what I spend every night before I go to bed. This helps me see where we are in our budget so I don’t over spend throughout the month.
1. ADD 10 MORE SIGNS TO SHOP – 10 signs was a tough, but manageable goal, so I’m planning on doing the same as last month.
2. DO SALES TAX – Not a fun goal, but sales taxes are due this month.
3. ETSY SPREADSHEET – I purchased a spreadsheet last month that helps me keep track of EVERYTHING finance related with my shop. I just need to import my data into the spreadsheet so I can get started. This should be pretty helpful when tax season comes around next year.
1. MORNING DEVOTIONAL – This has gotten away from me and I simply need to consistently do this. My plan is to read my Bible (I have a 1 year plan that I’ll use as a resource) and read a little of something else (I have several different devotionals from MOPS, apps, and Jesus Calling)…whatever floats my boat that morning.
1. BECKHAM’S 4TH BIRTHDAY PARTY – I need to start planning his party. You’ll be surprised what I decided to do this year.
2. BEHAVIOR/CHORE CHART – Ugh, why I have I not started this yet? Shame on me. I will do this asap!
3. LEARNING – Work on writing Beckham’s name with him (that may just be the letter B) and read more books to Maddox. Simple, but really important.
4. FIND BECK A DENTIST – His old one retired and it’s time for him to go back, so I’ll need to look for another one.
1. Organize closet and Ryan’s clothes (I cannot express how hard this is) #packratVSme
2. Schedule dentist appointment…if my teeth don’t fall out first.
3. Paint underneath sink and caulk the edges on top.
4. Clean vacuum cleaner (I’ll assign this task to Ryan).
5. Hire someone to refinish door and replace/extend fence (these will be huge if we get this done).
6. Get Halloween costumes for boys.
7. Schedule times to go to the State Fair and pumpkin patch.