Life is so busy right now and I’m burning the midnight (or 2am) oil these days. For that reason, I’m going to briefly touch on last months goals and jump into my new goals for the month.
You can read October’s goals HERE. I went through some good health goals and am really aware of eating and working out lately. Halloween is killing me with all this candy though 🙂 I hit the gym a lot, but we’re currently on a freeze so hopefully I can pop back in next week! I thrive at the gym. If I can get myself there, my workout goals succeed.
Sleep was pitiful last month, but what else is new! Just call me moonlight mama – work by the moonlight! Another goal was to budget daily…I started off great, but didn’t look at the budget the entire last half of the month! Y’all, that is terrible. I can say from experience that your budget is SO MUCH better if you take 2-3 minutes daily to jot down what you spent in your budget spreadsheet. Shame on me. November will be better. It has to…Christmas.
I aimed to add 10 signs to my shop and well exceeded that goal. I think I had a total of 14 signs added. I also completed my sales tax! And planned B’s party and sent out invites. We’re having it at a park this year, which is WAY low key for me. I’m super excited about it and glad we’ll only be spending a fraction of the price we usually do. And this will probably be his favorite party yet. Worst case scenario (cold or rain), we’ll head over to McDonalds and everyone can have a happy meal. Ugh! I much rather hit up Chickfila, but it’s always way too crowded. Let’s pray for a beautiful day!
And I finally found a dentist, I just need to call and set up an appointment for both of us! I’m dreading it. Dentist is the one doctor’s appointments I dread! I have the worst teeth. And finally, I did complete a lot of my to-do list, so overall, I had a pretty good month and got a lot accomplished, especially in the shop.
Now onto November “goals.” November is the start of a busy month for me in regards to business and life. Everyone is starting to buy gifts for Christmas and Ryan starts basketball reffing, so I’m literally a single mama for majority of the week (including some weekends). I’m vowing to stay organized and enjoy this holiday season! It’s my favorite time of year and we are going to enjoy all the activities and too many get togethers! I am not afraid to say “no” right now. I’ve turned down a lot lately and have no regrets. My goals this month are really just to-do’s, but I need them written out so I can see all that I’ve accomplished, and sadly, so I remember to do them (I have no brain these days).
1. Plan and have Beckham’s birthday party – My oldest is turning 4 and I’ve been counting down this birthday for months! 3 was a VERY challenging year for us and I’m excited for 4! I’ve already sent invites out, so all that’s left is to get party favors, make cupcakes (or cookie cake), buy plates and juice boxes, and make sure we have pizza lined up for that day.
2. Plan a Girl’s Christmas party/Recipe Exchange – I am SO excited about this. I’ve wanted to do this for years, but the kids have just been too young and life was too chaotic. I’m planning on having us make something crafty (already have my idea) and also bring a sweet treat that we can all taste, exchange, and have a small recipe book from.
3. Add more Christmas signs to the shop, as well as a “Back in…” sign – I’d like to add more Christmas signs as well as gift ideas to the shop for the holidays. I have an idea for a “Back in 1985” sign that would be perfect for birthday parties, but haven’t had time to create it (would do many different years). Hopefully I can make it this month.
4. Make the jump to WordPress – Could I have picked a worse time? Haha. There will never be a perfect time to do it and the longer my blog sits on Blogger (I’ve had a lot of issues), the more passive money I waste too. I just have to jump in. I’ll blog about the experience, the cost, and the difference between the two once I transition. This shouldn’t affect readers at all and should automatically redirect you to my blog if you search “Snyders Tell All” (although it will be a different name).
5. Continue to workout and eat healthy – This is a broad goal so to make this achievable, I plan on getting in the gym 3 times a week (preferably 4) and tracking my calories in My Fitness Pal. Sometimes this is a beating, but this really helps me as I consume way too many when I don’t do this. It also helps me see my macros of what I’m eating. Did you know the average person gains 8-10 pounds from Halloween to Christmas? I saw that stat somewhere recently and am not going to follow suit.
6. Wake up earlier – I love the morning when it’s quiet and everyone is asleep. My kiddos wake up pretty late (8:00am-9:00) and I’d love to have some time by myself before Maddox wakes. Obviously this requires I go to bed earlier, so we’ll see.
7. Schedule dentist appointment – Just do it, Olivia 🙂
8. Go through boys’ clothes – We’re transitioning to cooler weather and both boys are transitioning to bigger clothing. Beckham into 4T’s and Maddox into 18mo-2T (he’s 16 mo). All of Beckham’s 2T clothing from winter is just a tad too big, but I refuse to buy 18 mo. winter clothes when I have so many already.
9. Paint under sink and caulk around sink – I am going to try and get Ryan to do this one day. We need underneath to be painted in case of any water leaks (we recently got it redone). And we need caulk around the sink to prevent any water leaks down into the under part of the sink.
10. Find someone to refinish door and possibly re-do fence – This has fallen through, so I need to ask someone else.
11. Take family pictures and make Christmas cards – My brother is an amazing photographer (so lucky we have one in the family) and we are planning on taking our pics on Sunday. I have no idea what we’ll wear, so I have to figure that out too! I kind of want to do black and red and have the boys wear a bow tie and tie in a casual way if that makes sense. This was last year’s pictures…boy has Maddox changed a lot (these were his helmet days). Can’t wait to see our family pics this year.
12. Start Christmas organizer and shopping – I shared how I organize my Christmas HERE. I need to make my spreadsheet, decide who we’re buying for, how much we’re spending, and what we’re getting. I’ll start jotting down notes and possibly buying a few gifts. This Christmas is going to be so fun with the boys!
13. Don’t waste food/groceries – I threw away so much food the other day that was just wasted. I’m terrible about that and I really want to use what we have before I buy new things at the grocery store. I probably have wasted $50.00 of food in a month. I’m embarrassed to even admit that.
So those are my goals this month. And by the way, I’m really appreciative of those of you who read my blog and have such nice things to say. I’ve gotten to know a lot of you and you keep this space of mine a happy place and something I want to keep doing. So, just wanted to say thank you! I know that’s random, but I don’t say it enough.