I meant to post this yesterday, but I’ve been holding a sick 8 month old ALL day long and into the night. I’m excited to share some new goals for March. Grace was my motto this month and it’s a good thing because, as you’ll see, I didn’t complete some of the goals. It’s good to reflect each month and learn my strengths/weaknesses, as well as what is working for me and such. Here’s how my February goals went:
FEBRUARY 2015 GOALS – REFLECTION
1. Continue reading Jesus Calling in the mornings – check
2. Read 50 Shades of They by Ed Young. I was only able to read one book this month (barely). I’m going to try and read this book in March.
3. Start reading 1 Psalm a day before the year is over – Didn’t do a good job of this, but I will continue it.
1. Read The Power of a Woman’s Words – I have one more chapter, but this book was great. It really speaks to how powerful and impactful our words are to our husbands, children, friends, strangers, and God. She provides tons of Scripture as well. I accidentally ordered the study guide the first time I order it, so I would like to read this again in the future with the study guide. Recommend.
2. Go on TWO dates with Ryan – Sure did. Valentine’s and my Birthday.
3. Make him lunch at least 3 of the 5 days a week – Yes, with exception to last week. Even though I dislike making a lunch the night before, especially when I remember right before I go to bed, I love knowing he has something to eat. He’s one to skip or eat a protein bar for lunch. Most days he heads straight to ref after he’s done working at school, so it’s important he have a lunch at least.
1. Constantly see myself through his little eyes – This really helps and reminds me he’s just a kid…even if he pours out my entire bottle of cinnamon.
2. Continue “breastfeeding” (pumping). Check. Tired.
3. Plan out the weeks with play dates and activities – Was doing a good job with this until they got sick. One things for sure…I love structured days and behavior is so much better as well.
4. Find a dentist for Beckham. Check.
5. Make a behavior chart for Beckham – Didn’t do this, but have a chore/behavior chart planned.
1. No cokes! I actually did a good job with this. I had cokes over my birthday weekend like I said I would, but only succumbed to one the last week in February. It really does make me feel weird (maybe lethargic) after I drink one.
2. Drink a hot cup of lemon water in the mornings – Huge fail, except for when I was sick. Felt so good on my throat.
3. Get MORE sleep – Ha! I don’t know why I even make it a goal. It will be my forever goal. It really does effect my days so I simply have to find time.
4. Find a dentist for me – No but doing this tomorrow.
1. Have friends over for birthday – Check! So much fun…I need this.
2. Continue new Connect group at church – Yes, but we didn’t meet up last week.
3. Take a friend coffee/breakfast to their house – No
4. Have coffee with a friend at a local coffee shop – No but I did have lunch with my mom and niece in our downtown square.
1. JUST fulfill orders – I did do this.
2. Start making my spreadsheets for taxes due in April – No. On it as soon as Maddox gets better and I have two arms back (I’m holding him almost all day).
*On the contrary I actually dove really deep into my business and looked at many different aspects of it and where I want to take it. I actually put a lot of time and research into it this month.
1. Make a “priority list” for things that need to be done around house so we can set our budget to get these things done – No…it’s in my head, but I need to make it for Ryan.
2. Use more of our Groupons – Yes, and our dining budget was under budget!
1. Go through dresser and get rid of clothes – Not the dresser in our closet, but I purged and organized my storage under my bed which was way overdue.
2. Decide to sell swing or store away – Not yet.
3. Enjoy my Birthday month – I sure did. Maybe a little too much considering this reflection of February goals was not very productive. My motto was to give myself grace, so that is what I’m going to do.
1. Continue Bible study in mornings – Jesus Calling and a Lent study.
2. Read Fifty Shades of They over Spring Break – This is from last month.
3. Pray about starting a Bible study and make a decision by March 14 – I’m craving a Bible study with women and I don’t know of any of my friends in one, so I thought I should maybe start one. I don’t want this to be a stressful thing though and I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself with things like this.
4. Start the “Scripture Memory Verse” system to implement next month – This is such a cool system. It can be for yourself or a family. Check out the video HERE.
1. Go on 2 dates with Ryan – Dates really help our relationship.
1. Do one intentional activity with Beckham a day – I know this sounds like a given, but I haven’t been focused with him lately. I want him to have ALL of my attention and see mommy having a good time. Sometimes I think it’s almost easier to not do this as a stay at home mom because you don’t feel rushed to spend quality time with them…at least for me.
2. Pump another month – Yes, I still have to make this a goal because I want to stop badly. We see the doctor for his 9 month check up at the end of this month and after I talk to him about formula, I’ll make my decision of when I’ll stop (I want to hear his thoughts about the health aspects of it and when I can introduce cow’s milk). I’d really like to stop by April so I can start getting fit again for the summer…I know that sounds vain, but it’s true. It is extremely hard for me to workout while having to carry around milk jugs…no pun intended…LOL! Plus I need a cleanse badly and I can’t be pumping.
3. Create a behavior/chore chart (didn’t do this last month).
1. Start going to the gym towards the middle of the month – Ryan is done reffing around then and he’ll be able to come home earlier so I can workout before dinner. Ideally, I would go around 5:30 AM, but let’s be honest…I can’t wake up.
2. No sugar after 7PM – When I wrote this down, I pictured myself stuffing as many sugary items in my mouth at 6:59pm. My sugar cravings hit hard at night when I’m working and that’s probably the worst time to eat sugar.
1. Plan a GNO – I love going out with my girlfriends and if it warms up this month, it would be a perfect time to sit on the patio for dinner.
2. Take a friend coffee (from last month’s goals).
1. Add at least 3 new listings a week to my shop – I cannot tell you how many signs I have just waiting to be added. It takes time to list an item and I just haven’t done it.
2. Find one blogger to post one of my signs to their blog or Instagram – I’m planning on contacting some bloggers that I follow and sending them one (or more) of my signs in exchange for a little shout out. If any of you bloggers are interested, let me know. 😉
3. Do a Giveaway on my Instagram – Trying to build my Instagram following. @joyfulartdesigns – shameless plug
4. TAXES – I hate this part of business…who doesn’t? But I must finish them this month so we can file by April. Ryan has his own business (reffing) to do as well, and then we will also do ours together.
We do our own taxes Ryan does our taxes.
1. Update our budget EVERY night before I start working – We write down every single expense in our Excel budget. Sometimes I procrastinate and when I have to go back several days or even a couple weeks, it makes it take WAY longer. Plus, if I’m updating daily, I have a better idea of what I have left to spend.
2. Read Living Well Spending Less by Ruth Soukup – My friend Kristen, got me this for my birthday and I can’t wait to read it.
1. Find a CAR – Our plan is to test drive the few we’re looking at, rent one for the weekend, and buy if I like it. It’s just about going to test drive them at this point.
2. Plan a “ME” day – I truly believe you have to take care of yourself and reward yourself every once in a while to re-energize. Work hard. Play hard. It’s been a hard basketball season with 2 kids and I exhaust every ounce of fuel I have each day, so I don’t feel bad focusing on myself every now and then. I plan to go to Starbucks in the morning and read there. Then maybe shop for some clothes. Then have lunch with my mom (and aunt and grandma) in our downtown. Then go home and hang with the fam, eat dinner out, and possibly end the day with a massage. I’m assuming this will take place over Spring Break, but I just need to set the date.
These are the books I plan to read (top 2). If I have time, I’d love to read that bottom one. I found it at the bookstore and couldn’t resist getting it. I read a few pages from it and I’m really excited to read it.
My motto this month is #likeaboss! Meaning, just get it done…like a boss! Take control and run a tight ship. I know there needs to be flexibility when you’re taking care of children all day (case in point last week), but I find the less scheduled I am, the more chaotic it is.