Whew! I’m tired. June was crazy and so busy that I didn’t even realize yesterday was July 1. We got a lot accomplished in June and I plan to relax a bit more in July.
I had 3 goals in this category. Read One Thousand Gifts. Start my Year Reading Plan. And start going to my summer Bible study. I started reading One Thousand Gifts and could not really get into this. I’m not sure what it was, but I was so bored. Not that it’s an entertaining book, but I felt I was so lost, overwhelmed by her “above my head” language, and not taking anything away from each chapter (I was literally just trying to get to the end of the chapter so I could put it down). I’m pretty sure I’m the only one in the world who feels this way about this book (I’ve heard great things about it), but after a few chapters, I just had to put it down. Taking time to read is a big deal for me, and I felt my time could be used better if I was sleeping (I read right before bed). I just didn’t get it. Maybe it’s not the right time in my life to read it. ??? I failed miserably at my year reading plan. I think it’s going to take me 2 years to finish it because I think I can read 2 of the 4 passages it provides each day. On the other hand, I have been reading a lot of John lately because that is the book we are studying in my summer Bible study.
I did not bake anything this month (mainly because I’ve been doing the 24 day challenge and I have no will power), but I did get together with some old friends of mine I used to work with. It is always good to catch up with them. We have continued our play dates each week, Beckham really enjoys. And we’ve also gone to my parents’ house each week. That’s one of my favorite times during the summer! I still haven’t made a behavior chart for Beckham (I think I’m procrastinating until I find the perfect one), but I WILL make it this month. And finally, we threw such a fun party for Maddox last Sunday. It kept me busy this month, but I absolutely love that kind of stuff.
My personal goals were focused on health/fitness. My goal was to run a 9 minute mile and I was able to do that. I actually ran a 8.42 minute mile. Having a goal really did help me push myself while running. I thought about reporting back to you guys with this goal (so thank you…even if no one reads this…lol). I started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge and to say I’m disappointed is an understatement. It has been harder with each child and it most definitely is hardest this go around. What motivates me to keep pushing through dieting (which we all know I despise), is seeing results on the scale (or at least seeing them in my body). Neither have happened. I think I’ve lost 2-4 pounds and it’s been 16 days. If you knew the amount of crap I cut out of my diet (and calories), I should have definitely lost more than that. Oh well, maybe I’ll lose a bit more these next 8 days. I will say I feel a bit better internally.
Schedule shmedule! That’s really all I have to say about that goal. I did add 2 signs, but not 4 as I had planned. I actually shut my shop down (temporarily) a few days ago because I was so busy and burnt out. I reopened it yesterday though. You know what I need? A laptop…the only way to get work done is leave the house. My “office” is next to the kitchen and it doesn’t lend itself to working when kids are home (even when Ryan is home I’m still where boys can see me, which is why I end up working late after they’re in bed).
This was my To-Do List
Finish playroom – add wall décor and find white curtains. I decided not to add curtains, but everything looks good and finished. I just need to find an inexpensive clock.
Get the swing set up in our backyard. This was a beating (well, for Ryan and his brother). The kids love it.
Finish patio – add furniture, a wind chime, and a rug (if I can find one). Ryan also finished painting the side of the house so it looks great out there!
Declutter and organize Maddox’s clothes
5. Declutter and organize master room – I’ve let this room go and it needs a good cleaning.
6. Schedule a dentist appointment. Yikes, I think it’s been almost a year. Long story behind why I haven’t gone, but I’m pretty sure I have a cavity.
7. Paint underneath kitchen sink.
8. Get glasses. I really need to pick out a pair and fill my prescription.
9. Fix mine and Ryan’s phones. They’re synced (long story) and we need to go to the store and have someone help us so we don’t do something stupid…like erase all our contacts. Oh wait, I already did that. It’s a mess. I love technology, but it’s frustrating sometimes.
10. Back up computer and run antivirus software.
Plan a family photo shoot, mainly for Maddox’s “One Year” photos.
Looks like I still have some things to do this month.
When I look at July, I want to focus on one main thing and that is SLEEP. My goal is to get 8 hours of sleep each night. This is going to mean that I have to worry less about my Etsy shop and blog. These are the things I work on at night and keep me up. Plus, I get sucked into the Internet black hole if I’m on the computer/phone. My goal is to go to bed around 11:00pm so I can wake up at 7:00am and have a little time before the kids wake up (usually around 7:45ish). 11:00 sounds SO early, but I think I’ll feel so much better throughout the day and have more energy.
I’m not going to categorize my goals this month, but simply list a few of them.
1. SLEEP – get 8 hours as I mentioned above.
2. RUN 2-3 miles at the gym – I’d love to stick to a 10 minute mile pace while doing that as well, but I have no idea how I’ll start off running.
3. Budget better – I have been really bad about making a budget and not even looking at it until AFTER I’ve spent money. My goal is to stick to our intended budget as close as possible. Yes, even as “budget minded” as we are, we still struggle with a budget (well, I say “we” but I mostly mean “me”).
To Do List:
1. Declutter and organize master room
2. Schedule a dentist appointment.
3. Paint underneath kitchen sink.
4. Get glasses. I really need to pick out a pair and fill my prescription.
5. Fix mine and Ryan’s phones.
6. Back up computer and run antivirus software.
7. Buy car seats for the boys.
8. Test drive cars and hopefully CHOOSE a car!
9. Clean vacuum cleaner – this is a beating!
10. Clean grout in kitchen and baseboards around house – another beating!
Here’s to a great month! We will celebrate the 4th of July tomorrow with my family…hopefully we’ll get to sneak in some fireworks.