If you like pancakes at all, this recipe will make you never use another one again. They are by far my favorite pancakes and are SUPER EASY! There are only 4 ingredients (I added 2 for flavor) and they’re high in protein and not bad on the calorie count either.
I found this recipe on Pinterest one day and have been making them since. I decided to add a couple of ingredients that boosted the flavor, without having to use a flavored yogurt (the secret ingredient in this recipe).
Here’s what you’ll need:
-1/2 cup flour (I use All Purpose unbleached)
-Plain Non-fat Greek yogurt (I always use Chobani)
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
*You don’t have to add the last two ingredients, but I SOOOO would 🙂
1. Mix yogurt and egg in a bowl until smooth (the color will be a light yellow).
2. Add syrup if using.
3. Add flour and baking soda to the yogurt/egg mixture. The batter will be really thick and almost like an airy bubbly mix (that’s perfect).
4. Scoop a big spoonful onto a hot griddle (I set mine to 325-350 degrees) and spread out with your fingers to flatten and even out a bit (it will be sticky). I’m able to make 6 medium sized pancakes with this batter.
5. Place a few fresh blueberries on top of pancakes and press them down a bit.
6. Flip over when the bottom has browned to a golden color (about 2-4 minutes)…I never time it, but just keep an eye on it. When you flip it over, press down on the pancake a little.
7. Pancakes are done when a golden brown color. Top with butter and syrup or eat alone. They’re so sweet and juicy that you don’t need syrup…but who am I kidding, I always use it! I give it to my 1 year old without syrup.
My kids ate these as well. Maddox liked these especially! I paired it with a fast, easy scrambled egg.
These pancakes are roughly 77 calories each (with syrup and blueberries in mixture). And there are 4.5 grams of protein in each pancake.