I mentioned this last week in my Friday Favorites post, but this little sweet snack is so delicious it was coined the term “Christmas Crack” because it is so addicting. A more appropriate name might be Cracker Toffee 🙂
This is a pretty popular recipe on Pinterest, but I couldn’t find one exactly like the one my friend Kristen gave me so I thought I’d share here.
What You’ll Need:
1-2 sleeves of Club crackers (enough to cover a cookie sheet)
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
3-4 cups of chocolate chips
*so pretty much healthy 🙂
Directions (see pics below for a visual):
1. Line a cookie sheet (make sure it has a lip around it so mixture doesn’t seep over edge) with foil and grease it with cooking spray.
2. Lay your club crackers on the sheet.
3. Melt butter in sauce pan, then add brown sugar and baking soda until all melted and mixed together (it may bubble/foam up and that’s okay, just keep stirring…the baking soda makes it foam…just keep stirring so it doesn’t burn until it’s all mixed together).
4. Pour all over crackers trying to evenly coat them.
5. Put in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes.
6. Take out and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. I like more of a thin layer, so I used about 3 cups, but just eye ball this and try to cover the whole thing (I initially sparingly sprinkled them and it was not enough). Once the chocolate starts to melt, spread it in a layer with the back of a metal spoon until covered.
7. Freeze at least 1 hour before breaking it into bite sized pieces. Enjoy!
*I stored mine in the fridge between eating it every 5 minutes, but I actually like it at room temp. You can also keep this in the freezer until you are ready to pull out and serve it (maybe take out 20 minutes prior).