There is one reason that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and why I LOVE going out to eat for breakfast…that reason would be PANCAKES!!! I really like them. If we go out to breakfast, I ALWAYS get the pancakes! I’m so sad that I can never really recreate restaurant pancakes at home. Well friends, I found THE recipe! This comes from Everyday Belle! Thank you Paige for creating these! All you need is 4 ingredients!
6 oz Greek yogurt*
1/2 cup flour
1tsp baking soda
*You can use plain yogurt or a fruity yogurt. I used banana because that’s what I had. You could also try adding real fruit to it as well like blueberries.
1. Pour yogurt into a small bowl and stir to smooth it out.
2. Add egg to yogurt and stir well to combine into a smooth mixture.
3. In separate bowl, combine flour and baking soda and whisk together.
4. Pour yogurt/egg mixture into flour.
5. Stir together. I used a fork to combine. The batter will be thick and very “whipped”’-like (like whipped yogurt).
6. Spray a pan heated to medium-high heat and scoop out about 1/2 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet. I kind of had to mash mine down a little to spread it out since it was so thick and “whippy.” This will make about 4-6 pancakes, depending on how big you want them. I made 5.
7. Flip pancakes when edges start to bubble. It probably took about 3-4 minutes on each side. This was the hardest part for me because they don’t LOOK like they’re cooking, but they were. Add syrup or whatever you like to top your pancakes with!