Well, it’s time for some new goals and a review on how August’s goals went. After getting into August a bit, I decided to hone in on 7 main things from the list I made initially:
1. Paint master bedroom – Yes
2. Hang porch lights – No, but I did open box and see what all I needed to do
3. Finish office decor – No, I think I’ve even managed to make it messier…maybe I should just clean it first
4. Chore Chart for Beckham – Yes, and I added a morning routine. I’ll show both below.
5. Dentist appointment for B and I – We finally switched insurance so I can schedule an appointment with my old dentist and a new one for B. Hallelujah!
6. Buy stuff for preschool – Yes, bought some shoes and a new backpack for B (M will use B’s old backpack). I still need to get some good shoes for Maddox and a few clothing pieces.
7. Join church – Not officially. I’ve decided I’m not praying about it enough or getting into the Word enough. I need God to really speak to me (and husband) about where to go and I’m just not praying enough or reading his Word. Studying the Bible is one of the ways He speaks to us, and when I was sitting in church last Sunday, I felt that was what I needed to do in order to get answers.
Our master room new paint. I’ll post an update once I get the decor finalized and furniture out of the room that we’re selling.
Beckham’s Chore Chart: He gets a quarter for everyone he does. I thought for sure he’d get $1.00/day, but nope. And if he whines too much picking up his toys, he doesn’t get his quarter. He’s saving up for a train.
And his morning routine: If he doesn’t have school that day, he just skips it obviously. I plan to do a post on this.
I felt like we actually got a lot done in August, especially with our master room makeover. I’m so pumped it’s September because I will finally have a few hours twice a week to get some things done while the kids are at preschool. September also marks the beginning of Fall which means cooler weather is SLOWLY approaching…that equals more outside time and walks to the park.
I have a ton of goals for this month. I like to write them down even if I can’t complete all of them, but if I don’t write them down, I won’t even attempt. Alas, here are my goals for September:
1. Add a subscribe button pop up on blog – I kind of find these annoying as a reader, so I’m trying to find an alternative.
2. Start Q&A series for blog
3. Add Instagram button to social media icons on blog
4. Focus on Pinterest Business – I need to switch my account over to a business account and also install a Pinterest scheduler
1. Finish bedroom decor
2. Install new hardware in kitchen
3. Hang porch lights (perfect weather for patio sittin’)
4. Finish office makeover (it’s about time)
5. Get estimates on flooring and/or get carpets cleaned
6. Go through ALL closets in the house and declutter/organize
7. Sell TV cabinet that was in master bedroom
1. Keep Grocery budget at $400.00 (this has been so hard for me to do lately)
2. Menu plan consistently and grocery shop on Tuesdays after drop off (this will help with previous goal…I need to get back on track. Shopping with boys is getting too difficult).
3. Budget every Friday (or Saturday) morning – I’ve gotten so off track with this and it’s so much better to budget daily, but I figure if it’s in my Friday routine, I won’t skip it for 2 weeks (that may or may not had happened).
4. Wake up by 7:00am on weekdays – I’ve done this a lot the last couple of weeks and love it. My goal is to be in bed by midnight.
5. Stop letting kids watch TV in the mornings – I’m really cutting B’s screen time down as I’m noticing negative behavior and have read too much of the damage it causes with kids physically, mentally, and emotionally.
6. Start phonetic reading (letter sounds) with B – I’ll share more about this later
7. Start my dang cleaning routine – I’ve messed around with one for the last 6 months, but I think I’ve come up with a good combo of it!
8. Eat more veggies (spinach in smoothies, salads, and veggies at dinner) – I am not a huge fan of veggies, so I’m trying to find ways to enjoy them and get them in my diet.
9. Bible reading in morning – I have to give myself grace and be okay with even just 10 minutes of reading. Sometimes I think I need this huge long Bible study in the morning, but even 10 minutes is better than nothing.
Yes, I know. It’s a lot. And what all the “goal setters” tell you not to do, but surely I’ll accomplish some goals this month right Have a great weekend!