So this is my first day home with my little one while all the school aged kids and teachers go back to school. I’ve loved seeing all the pictures on Facebook of the kids on their first day and all the decorated classrooms. A while back someone told me to keep myself busy on this day, because this would be a hard day for me
Oh I love this topic! I am so passionate about it because IT WORKS! Let me first start with a quote from my favorite financial adviser, Dave Ramsey, regarding this topic: “Thirty year mortgages are for people who enjoy slavery so much they want to extend it for fifteen more years and pay thousands of dollars more for the privilege.” Now you might guess the
Monday’s Money Saving Tip: Is it wise to use a credit card? I think you know the answer to this before I even keep going. This all depends on the individual. For the MAJORITY, 60% to be exact, having a credit card is NOT wise. CardTrak says 60% don’t pay off their credit cards every month. The other 40% I wouldn’t even say it’s safe to
Updated 8/20 below in red! I was preparing for my usual grocery run when I came across a great blog about money saving (and tons more) here and I thought I would use her format for grocery shopping/meal planning. It is well organized and neat! I also can share it with you guys each week if I do it this way. My only concern was
We love eating out, but as you know, it can get quite pricey and adds up quick! Ryan and I have always managed to eat out, even with our strict budget. I mean it’s hard to eat all 21 meals of the week at home. Plus with a little one, I prefer to not spend my time cleaning the kitchen three times (and more) a
Monday’s Money Saving Tip: Is your electricity bill killing your budget? It’s August in Texas and SOOOOO hot! The only thing to do is STAY INSIDE or immerse yourself in a pool. The fact that we have to drive to our’s since we don’t have one, is reason enough for me to just stay inside and not go anywhere! A higher electricity bill is inevitable during
As most young parents are realizing, this world is only getting scarier! Sin is becoming complacent among this culture and raising a child to become a respectful, Christian man or women will only become harder. Great men are far and few between these days and I just pray God uses me to mold him into an amazing son, friend, student, husband, father, and brother in Christ.