Today’s topic for Blog Everyday in May is “10 things that make you happy.” This was hard narrowing it down to 10 things. God has abundantly blessed my life with some wonderful things!
1. Family – This is what started my happiness in life. I am happy I have TWO parents who have been together since making VOWS to each other and God. It truly has been a blessing. I am happy I have lots of siblings. I LOVE having family get togethers and it being busy! I am happy I married into a family very similar to mine who value marriage just the same.
2. Ryan – He’s simply perfect for me. He knows how to treat me, he gets me, and he makes me a better person.
3. Beckham – The love for a child is absolutely indescribable! He makes me so stinking happy. I take care of him full-time and I cannot imagine only spending a couple of hours a day with him. I just can’t. Majority of my smiles throughout the day are because of this little guy. He’s so funny and makes me laugh all day long. I’m the happiest I’ve ever been because of this baby God has given me to watch over here on Earth. I think I’ll die the day he goes to Kindergarten.
4. Painted Nails – Painting my nails makes me so happy! I love seeing a new color on my finger nails when I use my hands for anything. It can turn a day around.
5. Yummy Food – It’s just good and it makes me happy. Food in general makes me happy! Click on a picture for the recipe.
6. People Accepting Christ and Getting Baptized – Every time someone becomes a believer, it’s one more life saved from Hell. I love doing and witnessing things that screw up the devil’s plans. In your face Satan! And I cry every time someone gets baptized. It’s just so wonderful to see! One of my campers going public with her faith.
7. Beaches – If you read Day 12’s post you would know I love vacationing to tropical places where relaxation is the goal! I’m going to throw in being fit to this topic since they kind of go together. Doesn’t it make you happy when you look/feel good? So tough to do the older you get.
8. A Clean House – I love.love.love a clean house. It brings my blood pressure down tremendously and makes me one happy mama. Vacuum marks in the carpet are beautiful, even if they only last a few hours. Candles lit or Scentsy’s burning are peaceful. A clean sink and the sound of the dryer are great.
9. Being Debt Free – I can’t say enough about this. No mortgage, no car payments, no worry about paying anything off, no stress of finding a job outside the home, knowing we can retire early if need be and be financially secure, knowing Beckham can go to college and not leave with tons of debt, if any. And simply knowing that God is proud of how we are handling HIS money, and that we’re setting a good example for our kids. These things make me happy.
10. Coffee and a Bible – I love when people post pictures of a cup of coffee and a book. It’s so peaceful and relaxing. Enjoying a cup of coffee and Scripture is so great! I don’t do this enough and I should. It starts my day off so much better. When Beckham is a bit older, we’ll have “study time” together (so I won’t have to do it before he wakes) and we can both read our Bibles.
What makes you happy?