I just turned 28 last Saturday, so I thought I would share 28 facts you may or may not know about me. I always love reading these types of posts on other blogs, so why not! Enjoy!
1. I love Jesus. He is so real! You can only really understand that when you surrender your sins to Him and start that relationship! He is awesome!
2. I love doing my nails. Very rarely will you see my nails without polish.
3. I love baking. I usually bake at least one goodie a week. I love cooking and varying the menu each week.
4. I landed my dream job at age 27 – Full-time mom!
5. Cleaning is extremely fun for me. I do not enjoy unloading the dishwasher though.
6. I’m a perfectionist, but my life is FAR from perfect. I’m also indecisive…probably because I’m trying to make the perfect choice.
7. My favorite drink is Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha (n/f milk, no whip) in the winter and their Passion Tea Lemonade (2 pumps sweetener, 1 Splenda) in the summer.
8. I love to plan. I’ve been making “to-do” lists since I was a kid.
9. Some people compare me to Monica on Friends. I take that as a compliment, even though it may not be one 🙂
One of my favorite episodes!
10. I’m told quite often that I look like Carrie Underwood (when my hair is blonde). It seriously makes my day when I hear that. And no, I do not see the comparison, but I’ll take it!
11. My journey with the Lord began when I was a little 8 year old! I have my parents to thank for that!
12. I used to wear a belly ring until I was about 30 weeks pregnant. I don’t wear it anymore.
13. I started playing soccer when I was 8. Played club when I was 10. Played on the National team when I was 16. Played in college at SMU (Olivia O’Rear if you’re curious). And now play indoor for fun! Yes, Beckham already knows how to kick a soccer ball.
My dad and mom…my biggest supporters!
14. I get angry too quickly when things don’t go my way (selfish perfectionist), therefore, I love reading Scripture on anger. I love Ephesians 4:26, “In your anger, do not sin.” It’s ok to get mad, but how I handle it is important. James is my favorite book in the Bible.
15. I don’t know how to sew, wish I did, but don’t want to learn.
16. I’m a people pleaser and extremely non-confrontational…to a fault!
17. I love reading books…but probably finish ONE in a year’s time.
18. I’m pretty healthy, but I love fast food! Eating out is awesome!
19. My favorite workout is lifting weights. Most of my workouts consist of 5 minute cardio warm-up, 1 hour of weights (two muscle groups), and 20 minutes of cardio to end it. I try to do leg or ab exercise in between my weight lifting so I burn more calories and get more bang for my buck!
20. I would fit perfectly in the 50’s when women were primarily in the house and men financially supported the family. I enjoyed being a woman in the work force, but I LOVE being home, taking care of my family. It’s what God has called me to do. I’m a June Cleaver at heart.
21. I have a lot of pet peeves – laziness is probably the biggest one for me. Government is a close second.
22. I have naturally curly, frizzy hair. I’m very grateful for hair straighteners. The best one I’ve used is Professional Series Ceramic Gold (the outside of the iron part is felt material). It’s like $40 at Sally’s Beauty Supply.
23. One of my favorite things to do is watch movies. My favorite is A Time To Kill with Matthew Mcconauhey.
24. Decorating my house and making it a home is very important to me.
25. I’ve never broken a bone or thrown up from sickness (I’ve thrown up twice from running).
26. My dream place to live is on a coast in a small town…but I never will because I can’t leave my family. The setting in the movie, Safe Haven, is perfect!
27. I get embarrassed very easily.
Especially embarrassed when people sing “Happy Birthday” to me at restaurants! I seriously almost had a panic attack in this photo…oh and she didn’t even sing, just brought me dessert with a candle, but Ryan was taking pictures and singing.
28. Having a child has made me a completely different Christian! You really see your flaws when you have children (patience anyone?). But I’m thankful for that! I also understand the Lord’s love for me by sacrificing his son for my sins…I cannot imagine sacrificing my son. I also realize how important my relationship with Jesus should be…I now am responsible for raising one of God’s babies here on Earth to know and to love Him.
A love like no other! I don’t deserve him.
(Visited 766 times, 1 visits today)