Good Morning! I am always trying to perfect my morning routine. I’m not a morning person (because I’m a night owl), so having a routine in the morning is great for me.
Ideally, I’d like to get 6 things done before the kids wake up. Once the baby is up especially, all my focus goes to them. The 6 things I’d like done before they wake are:
- Wash my face and brush my teeth
- Make my bed
- Unload the dishwasher and/or put any dishes on the counter away
- Start a load of laundry and/or fold any clothes in the dryer
- Put my make-up on and get dressed (or at least just my make-up)
- Spend some time in the Word (ideally 15-20 minutes)…with coffee of course
The last 2 steps are the ones that get pushed to later if I don’t get up in time. This whole routine would take me at least an hour, give or take a little. Brielle is waking up around 7:15 lately so I’d have to wake around 6:15…if I could just get myself into bed the night before.
I decided to film a random morning where we didn’t have to go to preschool. This is pretty typical on those mornings. Every morning is different lately with a baby. I wish I was a rigid scheduler in the morning, but flexibility is key during this stage in life. I hope you enjoy it and remember to subscribe and like the video if you do.