If you like smoothies, this is a must try! The macros on this smoothie are amazing as well. Most smoothies are ridiculous in sugar and calories, but the portion I have is only 236 calories, 13 grams of sugar, and a whopping 30 grams of protein! It’s super sweet, which I love and has tons of antioxidants to boot!
I’ve never used cherries in my smoothies, but saw this frozen blend at Costco and decided to try it. Wow! My 4 year old loves to eat the frozen fruit straight out of the bag. This would be a great smoothie to add a handful or so of spinach to…great for non veggie lovers like myself.
Whenever I make a smoothie, my kids HAVE to have some, so I’m not even sure how to make one for just myself. Therefore, the ingredients and instructions are based off 3 people. I blend everything up (except the protein powder) and then pour them each about a cup. Then I add the protein to the remaining smoothie for myself. If you have kids, this recipe is great. Otherwise, you can modify the amounts of ingredients for one person (or drink the whole thing).
I really like the protein flavor in this smoothie, but it’s Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl that I believe you can only buy online. If you just use a regular protein powder like a vanilla flavor, add some cinnamon to your smoothie. If you decide to try out the Cellucor brand, use the code waltman for 25% off. I follow her on Instagram (@daniellewaltman) and use her code (no, this is not a sponsored post).
If you try this smoothie, let me know what you think! Scroll down to view the recipe.
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Milk (you can use any milk)
- 1 cup Sunrise Growers Organic Antioxidant Blend frozen berries
- ½ cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt (I use Chobani)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Optional: Drizzle of Agave Nectar (about ½ Tbsp)
- *1 scoop protein powder (I use Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl), 1 scoop is about ¼ cup. *I add this after I've poured 2 cups out (1 cup each for my 2 boys). 1 cup of smoothie is left and then I add the protein powder.
- Put all ingredients into the blender, except protein powder (I put them in blender in order I listed above). Blend until smooth. *If you use another protein powder, you could always add cinnamon to this smoothie as well.
- Now either add protein powder to the mix or pour out 2 cups and blend the protein powder with 1 cup